Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sarah Vowell

Sarah Vowell came to Dallas on Tuesday and spoke about her new book, Unfamiliar Fishes, at First Methodist Church. Unfamiliar Fishes is her take on Hawaiian history, and the interesting story of its annexation by the Union of these United States.

She was clever and funny, and maybe I'll be able to post some video I took of her interview with Krys Boyd of KERA. Wish now I had bought a copy of the book and stuck around to have it signed.

Sound on my little digital camera isn't the best, and unfortunately, I was asked to stop recording. Which I did. Which was stupid, because, frankly, what the hell are they going to do, call the Kodak police? I think I could have dealt with the young people they had working crowd control. Then again, maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home